What is Care Management?
Geriatric Care Management is the process of planning and coordinating the care of older adults and disabled individuals. Our Heart Choices Team assists with improving quality of life, maintaining independence for as long as possible and assistance with long term care needs.
What is a Geriatric Care Manager?
Heart Choices Geriatric Care Manager (GCM) is a professional health and human services provider with specialized knowledge and experience related to aging and elder care issues. A GCM helps coordinate and support an array of services a client may receive. Perhaps their most important role is establishing relationship with the client based on trust.
How Do I Know When it's Time for a Care Manager?
- Do you worry about who is going to monitor your loved one's care when you can no longer increase your visits?
- Does your aging family member have limited or no local family support?
Are you concerned your loved one needs someone to accompany & facilitate communication at Dr. appointments?
- Does your family member need assistance in following doctor's or other professional's instructions?
- Do you wish a compassionate local professional could make regular wellness visits to your loved one?
- Do you need expertise regarding alternate living arrangements, referrals, insurance, Medicare or Veteran's forms?
- Do you know your loved one's medical diagnoses, medications, doctors and treatments?
- Do you wonder if they are meeting their financial responsibilities of if they are vulnerable to scams?
- Are you finding it difficult to coordinate and accompany them to all the medical appointments?