A client's customized Plan of Care addresses all concerns and recommends services to assist in meeting the client's wants and needs as identified in the assessment. The Care Plan not only suggests specific interventions and recommendations but also indicates how the Care Manager can assist with implementing the plan and provide ongoing assistance and support. A Care Plan may include:
Solutions and /or assistance for concerns and issues such as capabilities and functions.
Needed medical equipment, home safety modifications and adaptation assistance.
- Arranging/overseeing in-home care, medical monitoring, compliance with medications and vital signs.
Recommendations for support groups, referrals, socialization opportunities and cost effective options.
- Ongoing/monitoring plans for the future to reduce hospitalizations, doctor's appointments and ER visits.
The evaluation is designed to optimize an individual's ability to enjoy better
health, avoid risks, improve self care and to improve overall quality of life.
- Do you feel it is time for an evaluation of physical and/or cognitive abilities?
- Do you feel your loved one is safe and making good decisions?
- Are they able to maintain their financial responsibilities?
- Is your loved one able to manage their medications as prescribed?
- Do they have difficulty making decisions or seek constant reassurance?
- Are they overwhelmed with their inability to manage activities of daily living?
- Is it time to develop support systems to utilize their personal strengths?